September 29, 2012 High Roller Information
Attached and below is an information sheet about the 2012 High Roller. Please sign up today so we can get our first t-shirt order into Giv'er!!!
1. If you are doing the High Roller, please make it easy for the volunteers and pre-register online here: http://www.bikefernie.ca/civicrm/event/info?id=18&reset=1
2. If you register by 11:00 a.m. on September 19, 2012 you will get in the first t-shirt order. Otherwise you will still get a t-shirt, but it may not be until after the event. If you are sure you are going to do the ride, please register right away.
3. Same day registration (please don’t make us do too many of these), rider check in and waiver signing is from 8-8:45 a.m. at the Royal (501 1st Avenue). All riders must check in and sign a waiver at this time. This is when you will get your High Roller stamp card.
4. The start time is 9:00am. However, feel free to start before or after 9:00 am to reduce bottlenecking.
5. Without further ado, the route is:
Start at the Royal, behind aquatic centre, up River Road Extension to upper entrance of Uprooted, Uprooted to Hyperventilation, down Hypertextsion, Roots Extension, up Ridgemont Road to alternate entrance of Ecoterrorist, Deadfall to four corners, down Oh Dear, right onto Coal Discovery Trial, left onto the power line, power line for ~150 meters, down French Connection to rail crossing (no jumping trains please), gravel path around the golf course, under east Fernie bridge, across east Fernie bridge, left onto gravel path, up to Burma road, Fat Bastard, Mushroom Head, Lactic Ridge, Mocassassin, Stupid Traverse, Slunt, Broke Back Ridge, left on Island Lake Road, up Gorby to Oldgoat, Oldgoat to Happy Gilmar, down Happy Gilmar, Sherwoody - Bridgeview Connector. BONUS: up Dem Bones/Mushroom Head, down Red Sonya (please be careful and yield to uphill riders on the lower part of Fat Bastard), down the side of the the helicopter pad field to trial along the river, under West Fernie bridge, back to the Royal via 4th street.
6. Here’s a link to the Garmin course map: http://connect.garmin.com/course/1983469
7. Although this is meant to be a fun, non-competitive event, the ride is long, strenuous and technical in spots. Please be prepared for the whole day as you are expected to be self-sufficient. All riders must have sufficient clothing for inclement weather, water (minimum 2 litres), food, sun protection, spare tubes, pumps, tools, etc... It is also highly recommended that you ensure that your bike is in proper mechanical order before you begin.
8. For safety reasons, we strongly recommend that you do the ride in a group or with at least one other rider.
9. Please remember that this is a fun ride. It is not a race. There is no requirement to do the entire route. We do ask however that if you do not do all the trails or do not check in at the Royal upon completion, to please call or text (250)423-0768 and let us know, otherwise we will be looking for you.
High Roller Poker:
10. Stamp stations will be at the top of Hyperventilation, the top of Oh Dear (four corners), the top of Slunt, at the Old Goat/Happy Gilmar intersection and Pete’s Bench on Mushroom Head (if you get this stamp on your way to Slunt, you are a cheater; don’t be a cheater) and lastly you’ll get a wild card at the Royal for checking in. Collect six stamps on your High Roller card. At the Royal after party, you will be dealt your poker hand.
11. Whoever has the best poker hand wins. We are going to have a poker marshal to deal the cards and determine the best hand.
12. The post-event gathering will be at the Royal. Dinner is at 6:00 pm, but you can arrive for your 1 free beer and your poker hand anytime after 5:00 pm.
13. Poker hands and prizes will commence shortly after dinner.
14. We encourage everyone to ride their bikes to Royal. Use common sense and DO NOT drive if you plan on having drinks.
|Sept 29, 2012 Highroller Information.pdf||40.01 KB|