2012 Trail Conditions

I thought it was time to start a new thread for this seasons trail conditions. Please post what you have found to be open and what still needs some work!

I haven't been out much yet but a week ago I sound sidewinder and broken derailleur good to go. I have also heard that Cemetery Bypass and What's Up Doc are clear.

• lmaille on 30 July 2012 - 3:28pm

As you're going downhill from the clearcut area where Sidewinder and Eco-Terrrorist intersect, as Sidewinder enters the forest, located between the first and second hairpin turn is an old spruce tree that has fallen over and is about 6-7 feet off the ground over the trail. Still enough clearance to duck under it for now until someone with a chainsaw takes care of it or gravity exerts its influence

• twodogtom on 23 June 2012 - 8:32am

Once again the issue of riding in the wet/rain is happening. My feeling is that if you need to ride then do it responsibly and pick trails that will hold up to wet weather riding. Lets face it we all ride when it is wet. Including the most adamant posters about not riding in the rain! Now that we have paid trail workers they should be addressing the poor drainage issues that so many of our trails seem to have. There has been so much re routing and work done this year and not much of it has to do with addressing the wet weather ride-ability of the trails. We should be using the wet as a tool to help us identify those areas that need attention and fix them. When the water has no where to go but down the trail that is a flaw in the construction that needs to be fixed, not riding will not fix the problem.

• Henry on 21 July 2012 - 9:24am

yeah we built a causeway and rock paved it at the bottom of slunt as well as built some bridges above the steep corner / below brokeback where a creek crosses the trail

• biker on 28 May 2012 - 8:27am

musroom head OK (riot really)
    project 9 snow above power line near water crossing
    project 9 below power line 100%

• duane.clemens on 25 May 2012 - 12:58pm

Below the power line Hedonism is in good shape. A few wet sections, but generally nothing that is going to cause trail damage. Above the power line is a different story. Quite muddy and still some big snow patches. Probably requires a week or more to disappear and dry out.

• OLD MAN on 20 May 2012 - 2:30pm

May 20, 2012 Two small snow patches on upper section and some muddy spots on the road section before it meets South Castle, otherwise she's good to go!

• wilco on 22 May 2012 - 6:07pm

Far Side is also in great condition

• wilco on 22 May 2012 - 6:07pm

For the most part all of Richmond is in great condition. A few trees down on Split decision and the lower part of Splitting Bears and the bottom of Coal Discovery Trail is muddy.

• Henry on 20 June 2012 - 8:08am

cut the deadfall off split descission last week

• Henry on 23 May 2012 - 7:02am

yeah there is a swampy section on coal disco at the bottom of oh dear, just before a small bridge.

there's also the super messy section of old stumpy on your way back into town from coal disco; we are planning to bring in some machinery to fix this section once it has dried out.

• Henry on 20 June 2012 - 8:09am

pat gilmar and friends extended the bridge and re-routed the trail around the mud mess on CDT/bottom of o deer

• dunnski on 16 May 2012 - 7:14pm

Fresh Moose kill half way down RedSonja, 4 feet off trail left side. Tree across Phat Bast just before big bridge.

• Syndicate

Syndicate content